Thursday, May 6, 2021

Rhyming




Rhyming is when two words sound alike, like kitten and mitten or fog and hog. Most poems use words that rhyme, but not all of them. Most songs rhyme too, but songs are usually just poems set to music.

Besides poems, you can use rhymes to make catchy names for things, like a store or a product. For example, if you owned a book store you could name it the Book Nook. That's kind of boring, but it rhymes. Or like the bubble gum Hubba Bubba. Those are nonsense words but they rhyme.

You can also use rhymes for common phrases. Instead of just saying "goodbye" you could say, "Until then, penguin" or "Toodle-loo, Kangaroo".

I think the first rhyming sentence I thought of was when I was about 5 years old. It was, "The fat cat sat on the hat." It didn't go anywhere from there.


I'm in my prime during tummy time
You should take a poll of when I'll start to roll




Pepe took my picture and they were both in awe
Of just how much my little face looks like Mama Pa. 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment