We had a four-day weekend but now we're back.
Some of the feelings we will feel are happiness, joy, surprise, sadness, anger, disgust, fear, shame, shyness, and guilt.
When I was little I would get "that feeling" and I didn't know what to call it because I was only like 3 or 4. I did know that it was something that I had felt before and I didn't like it, but I was too little to know what the word for it was or understand it. One time my mom asked me if I was "frustrated" and I don't know how I knew that was right, but it was. I wasn't as upset about it the next time because I knew what it was.
Sometimes feelings are big and hard and sometimes they are big and wonderful. Sometimes they are just little, because we ALWAYS feel SOMETHING even if we're not thinking about it.
I will not like it when you are feeling hard feelings but I will have to let it happen because if you never had any times when you felt bad, you wouldn't know how great it is when things AREN'T bad. The trick is in how you react or behave because of those feelings and not ACT bad just because you FEEL bad. Also, in a perfect world you will feel bad because of circumstances, not because of something you did. I think the worst feeling in the world is shame.
Here is a song in a scene from one of my favorite movies (Beaches) that really sums that up. On the CD, Bette says, "This is a song I've been singing for a long time. It's like an old friend. But, you know, I think it . . . its only recently that I discovered what its really about." You'll recognize it because its on your Juni's Zzzz's playlist that I play when you're sleepy. (That same movie/soundtrack also has your mommy's baby song, Baby Mine, on it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment